IWS Release Notes - October 2014
We strive to keep our products above the industry standard so that your systems remain current and flexible. For that reason, we make continuous improvements to BriteCore's code base. We've been experimenting with a continuous release process, and we'll be shifting to this to better reflect our daily improvements. Rather than waiting for the all-clear of many items to go out in one weekly release, you'll receive continuous updates for code changes going out in the daily release. Items that require full release notes for this month can be found in this section of the BriteWiki.
October 9, 2014
Update to Administrative Alerts for Policies
The Administrative Alert for Application or Policy Change submitted from BriteQuote has been split into two Administrative Alerts to better accommodate its use.
After tonight’s release, two new Administrative Alerts will appear in Settings > System Wide > Administrative Alerts > Policies - Application submitted from Britequote and Policy Change submitted from BriteQuote.
NOTE: All email addresses that were originally associated with Application or Policy Change submitted from BriteQuote will be added to both of the new alerts. This will eliminate any interrupt for intended recipients.
October 2, 2014
Limit Threshold Requiring Approval
Underwriting Enforcement: Limit Approval
New settings have been added that allow carriers to set a maximum threshold for limits. If a limit or limits exceed a carrier-defined threshold, an Approval Code is required to proceed.
To setup this enforcement:
- Navigate to Settings > Modules > Claims > Options.
- Enter a dollar amount for the maximum threshold.
- Enter a message that will appear when the maximum threshold is reached and save your changes.
- Navigate to Navigate to Settings > System Wide > System Tags."
- For "Tags" choose "Reinsurance Limits" then select the effective date. NOTE: All applicable effective dates will need to be tagged.
- Tag all items for which the threshold should apply then save your changes.
- Navigate to Settings > System Wide > Administrative Alerts > Claims and add the appropriate email addresses to the new field Limit Threshold Reached, Administrative Approval Required.
What to expect:
- The enforcement applies to both BriteQuote and BriteCore users (agents and staff).
- If the limit(s) of the selected item exceeds the carrier-defined threshold the following will occur:
- An email will be sent to the appropriate email addresses set up in the new Administrative Alert (#7 above).
- The user will receive a pop-up, similar to this image >>>, requiring an Approval Code be entered in order to further process the quote, application, or policy. The administrator with the Approval Code will need to enter the code on the BriteCore side for approval.
- If an incorrect Approval Code is entered the system will disallow the user from proceeding until the correct code is entered.
- If the correct Approval Code is entered the user will be able to proceed with the quote, application, or policy and the following will be true:
- In BriteQuote, the application can only be submitted unbound.
- In both BriteCore and BriteQuote, all limits below the approved limit will automatically be approved.
- In both BriteCore and BriteQuote, all limits above the approved limit must be approved again.
- Whether the Approval Code is entered correctly or not, a note will be created in the policy’s Notes tab.
- The Approval Code is stored in your database to keep unauthorized users from using it. If you are interested in using this new enforcement, please submit an OOPS! ticket and request the Approval Code. If the Approval Code is compromised, it can be reset by submitting an additional OOPS! ticket.
- Finally, if you use Loss Exposure Groups to group risks, the limit threshold applies only to those tagged items that are within the same-numbered group.