Working with BriteIdeas
We are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art technology and world class customer service. For that reason, we are empowering you to manage BriteCore's evolution as a product using a new change management system known as BriteIdeas. BriteIdeas is an internally developed platform that handles shifting priorities by placing work inside a transparent queue. There are three avenues we utilize to determine what enhancements are made to BriteCore, these avenues are:
1. Community Changes - Each client is awarded votes that are weighted based on their annual support payments. Clients can then enter change requests into BriteIdeas and vote on their favorite changes. They can vote for their changes or any change entered by other clients. Throughout the year we lock the top voted changes and add those to the development queue.
2. Client Funded Changes - Most implementing client changes fall into this category as part of their implementation and BriteCore purchase. However, existing clients can also request a funded change. If a community item is not being voted on by the client base, a client can click a "fund me" option and request a quote for the change. They can then pledge dollars towards this change. Other clients can also pledge funded dollars to changes, even if they did not request it. Once an item is 100% funded it goes into the development queue.
3. Strategic Changes - Throughout the year IWS identifies technology enhancements that keep the product viable for the future. These enhancements are decided by the IWS management team and will also be entered into the BriteIdeas site for transparency.
Development time for change requests is split between community-voted and company-sponsored changes. For more information, please view our documentation below. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can send us an OOPS! ticket (current clients) or contact us at email@example.com (non-clients).
- What is BriteIdeas?
- Why do we need a change management system?
- How does BriteIdeas help manage change?
- What is a Change Request?
- What are Votes?
- What is the Community Queue?
- What is the Funded Queue?
- What happens when a change request reaches the top of the queue?
- What does the Percent Complete column represent?
- What happens when a change request receives complete funding?
- What happens if a change request is abandoned?
- What should I do about hard errors?
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Hard Error?
- What is a Change Request?
- How are votes established?
- Where can I find my total number of votes?
- How do I know how many votes I've used?
- How do I know how many times I've voted on a single item?
- What if I change my mind and want to vote on something else?
- How is the popularity of a proposal determined?
- How are Community change requests ranked?
- How are Funded change requests ranked?
- What do the red hearts next to each proposal signify?
- How is an item's "Score" determined?
- How is an item's level of difficulty established?
- What does the "Fund Me" button do?
- What does it mean when a Community item is "Locked"?
- What does it mean when a Funded item is "Locked"?
- How do I know when a change request is completed?
- What should I do if my change request isn't receiving enough votes?
- * What does the NEW flag mean?
Quick Start Guide
- Logging In and Changing Your Password
- Viewing the Main Screens
- Proposing a New Change
- Best Practices
- Completing an SRS
- Voting on a Change Request
- Pledging Funds
- Video 1: Proposing a Change in BriteIdeas
- Video 2: Voting in BriteIdeas
- Video 3: Funding in BriteIdeas